Friday, April 27, 2007

Garage Sale Find !!!




Today is Friday and tomorrow is my last day of vacation time. It is a chilly rainy day but I was bound and determined to do my garage sales that I dearly love to do. I always have my eye out for that special treasure. The very first one I went to was being run by a man for his wife. There on a long table before me layed Boyd's, Cottage Collectibles, and other manufactured bears. He kept telling me that they were collectables, on and on and on , I just smiled. So I decided to ask the question . "How much is this bear?" he came back with a whopping $5.00 . I pulled out my $5.00 and hugged him tight ,the teddy not the man ! I asked if his wife was a collector and he replied that this was only the tip of the ice burg. I then asked the man if they had a computer and he said "yes." So I pulled out my special Bears By jodi cards and gave him one . I told him to have his wife look me up . He said " OH , are you a collector?" And I said "yes but I am also an artist." So off I went back into the rain with teddy in my arms. This is just a reminder , that when you see a garage sale there may be a new furry friend waiting just for you. This bears name is Steve and he was designed for Cottage Collectibles by Sue Coe in 2000.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great bargain you got there with such a cuddly bear.
Bear hugs from Lena.